License checkout timed out. What do you want to do? AutoCAD will be closed down.
When starting Autocad 2020 or later in Windows, after a few seconds a message like the following appears and the program needs to close. This message may also appear after waking from sleep mode.
The main causes of this problem are as follows.
- Product license registration is missing.
- It contains corrupt licensing components.
- Proxy or Network Setup issue
- Finally, the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service may be disabled.
To resolve this issue, you can follow these steps.
- In the “type here to search” pane on the taskbar, go to the “services” window and run as an administrator.
- Find the “Autodesk desktop licensing service” tab from the pop-up window and right-click to say “start”.
- Then run the “Autodesk Desktop App” app from the “Type here to search” pane on the Taskbar. If there are any updates to autocad here, you need to update.
- After this stage, try launching the software again and the problem needs to be resolved.